Fruits are generally beneficial to the human body, but there are still taboos for eating fruits in some special cases.
When to eat fruit
Spring and summer are the seasons when plenty of fresh fruits are available in the market. Fruits contain a variety of essential vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, crude fibers, proteins and fats and other nutrients… Eating fruit is not only delicious, but also can promote physical health, and then achieve the effect of disease prevention and beauty, which is the most popular in modern times. Popular natural healthy food.
But the time to eat fruit should be correct. The best time to eat fresh fruit is in the morning.
The same is to eat fruit, choosing to eat the fruit in the morning is the most effective for the human body, and it can exert its nutritional value and produce substances that are beneficial to human health. This is because after a night’s sleep, the function of the stomach and intestines is still activated, and the digestive function is not strong, but it needs to be supplemented with enough various nutrients. At this time, eating fruits that are easy to digest and absorb can cope with work or study activities in the morning. nutritional needs.
But melons and fruits have a cold characteristic, there is a saying in England that “fruit in the morning is gold, noon to 3 pm is silver, 3 to 6 o’clock is copper, and after 6 o’clock is lead”.
Eat fruit before meals
First of all, many components in fresh fruits are water-soluble, and there are soluble vegetable fibers such as vitamin C, which can reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood, such as pectin. Its digestion and absorption do not require the mixing of complex digestive juices, and it can quickly enter the small intestine through the stomach for absorption. The absorption rate when fasting is much higher than that after eating.
Secondly, eating fruit before meals is conducive to the grasp of “eight full” in a healthy diet. Fruit is a low-calorie food, with an average calorie of only one-fourth of the same weight of pasta and about one-tenth of the equivalent of meat such as pork. It is easier to grasp the total intake by eating low-calorie foods first.
Furthermore, many fruits themselves are easily oxidized and spoiled. Eating fruits first can shorten their residence time in the stomach, reduce the degree of oxidative spoilage, and reduce possible adverse effects on the body.
Many people have developed the habit of “meal consequences”, but this way of eating is unscientific.
Some people are used to eating fruits when they get up. Most fruits are cold food, and eating them right after getting up will stimulate the stomach. It is best to eat fruit at three or four in the afternoon, which is conducive to the absorption and utilization of nutrients.
Pregnant women eat fruits pay attention
Postpartum confinement does not eat fruit, and the diet of the mother is very monotonous. This is unscientific, and it is also very unfavorable for the recovery of the mother’s body and the growth and development of the baby. We know that nutrition during the confinement period is closely related to the health of the mother and the breastfeeding of the newborn. The maternal body loses a part of blood and needs to be replenished in time; the reproductive organs are damaged and need to be repaired; the growth and development of the newborn require the secretion of a large amount of breast milk. According to these physiological characteristics, in addition to eating more meat, eggs, fish and other foods during the puerperium, mothers should also eat more vegetables and fruits.
To ensure the recovery of the mother’s body and the adequate nutrition of breast milk, the mother must consume an appropriate amount of fruit every day during the confinement period. When eating fruit, pay attention to the following things:
- It is best to eat fresh fruit.
- It is best to eat fruits at room temperature, not too cold. For example, fruits that have just been taken out of the refrigerator should be kept at room temperature for a while before eating.
- When eating fruit, pay attention to cleanliness. It should be cleaned or peeled before eating to avoid diarrhea.
- After eating fruit, rinse your mouth in time to prevent tooth decay.
Patient eat fruit
- People with hepatitis can eat some fruits with more vitamin C such as oranges and red dates in moderation, but do not eat more fruits with strong acidity.
- People with diabetes should eat less pears, apples, bananas, watermelons, etc., which contain more sugar.
- People who often have dry stools can eat some peaches, bananas, oranges, etc. in moderation, because these fruits have a slowing effect.
- People with frequent diarrhea should not eat more fruits that have a slowing effect, but can eat some apples properly because of their solid and astringent effect.
- People with more stomach acid should not eat fruits with more organic acid, such as plums and hawthorn.
- People suffering from heart disease and edema should not eat watermelon and coconut water with more water content, so as not to increase the burden on the heart and aggravate edema.
Not to be eaten on an empty stomach
- Fresh lychees: lychees are high in sugar, and eating them on an empty stomach will irritate the gastric mucosa, causing stomach pain and bloating. Moreover, eating too much fresh lychee on an empty stomach will cause “hyperosmotic coma” due to the sudden infiltration of excessive high sugar into the body.
- Bananas: contain a lot of magnesium. If you eat a lot of bananas on an empty stomach, the magnesium content in the blood will suddenly increase, resulting in an imbalance in the ratio of magnesium and calcium in the human blood, which will inhibit the cardiovascular system and be unhealthy.
- Oranges: contain a lot of sugar and organic acids. Eating oranges on an empty stomach will stimulate the gastric mucosa, resulting in an increase in gastric acid, making the spleen and stomach full of stuffiness and pantothenic acid.
- Persimmon: There is a lot of gastric acid in the stomach on an empty stomach. It easily reacts with the persimmon phenol, colloid, pectin and soluble astringent contained in the persimmon to form gastric persimmon stone disease, causing heartache, nausea, vomiting, gastric dilatation, Stomach ulcers, or even gastric perforation, gastric bleeding and other diseases.
- Black jujube: contains a lot of pectin and tannic acid, which is easy to combine with gastric acid in the human body, resulting in a hard lump in the stomach. In particular, do not eat too much before going to bed, people with chronic gastrointestinal diseases are best not to eat.
- Hawthorn: It tastes sour and has the effect of promoting qi and digestion, but if eaten on an empty stomach, it will not only consume gas, but also increase hunger and aggravate stomach problems.
- Pineapple: The protease contained in it is quite strong. If you eat it before meals, it is easy to cause damage to the stomach wall.
- e body.
Unripe fruit should not be eaten
Some people like sour taste, so when eating fruit, they like to choose some immature fruits. As everyone knows, this practice is harmful to health.
This is because most of the immature fruits contain components such as oxalic acid and benzoic acid, which are difficult to be oxidized and decomposed in the human body. functional impact.
In addition, some fruits, such as bananas, apricots, etc., will contain toxins when they are immature, which is also harmful to the human body.
Therefore, it is not advisable to eat unripe fruit.
Peel the fruit
Many people eat fruit without peeling the skin, just wash it and eat it. Eating fruit like this is very unsanitary.
To prevent pests and diseases, fruit farmers often use a variety of pesticides during the growth of fruit trees. Some pesticides can penetrate and remain in the waxy layer of the peel, so the pesticide residues in the peel are much higher than those in the pulp. Moreover, these residual pesticides in the peel are difficult to wash off with water. If you eat without peeling, over time, you will experience vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, chest tightness, skin allergies and other reactions, and serious damage to the stomach and health.
In addition, most fruits have pathogenic microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses and parasite eggs on the peel. If they are not cleaned thoroughly, once they are eaten, it will cause diseases such as dysentery and ascariasis.
Rinse mouth after eating fruit
Some people like to eat some fruit after meals, as a substitute for gargling, to achieve the purpose of cleaning the mouth. There is no scientific basis for this.
Most fruits contain a lot of sugar. These sugars and fruit residues embedded in the interdental and gingival spaces will gradually ferment and become sour in the mouth, which will corrode teeth over time and easily form dental caries. , and eventually a void. Therefore, eating fruit does not clean the mouth. On the contrary, after eating fruit, pay attention to gargling to remove the sugar in the mouth.